Perusall works with a variety of content, including OER materials, materials you create, websites, library articles, and YouTube videos. Tips for success:
- PDFs and Word documents work best; PDFs should be high resolution
- Portrait format works better for scrolling than Landscape format.
- Powerpoints will work now (as of August 10, 2021). You can use the highlight text function for all text, and the image selector option for the images.
- Website content is often more easily navigable when converted into a PDF, especially on sites with popups. Be sure to include a link to the site. It's recommended to test it out both ways to see how the site you want to use works best.
- Perusall will not display YouTube's automatic captions. It will only display manually-uploaded YouTube captions.
- Contact a librarian with any questions regarding the usability of library articles. Be sure to include links and information regarding how to access Galileo articles.