Please watch this tutorial by CETL's Josie Baudier on how to use the Video Recording Studio. After viewing the tutorial please read through the the Getting Started and Finishing Up boxes below. At the bottom of this guide you will see an agreement form that you must complete before you can register to use the Video Recording Studio. You will also find the library and CETL's contact information should you have any questions.
1. Turn on the lights with the light switch.
2. Hang the "Recording in Progress" poster on the outside of the door.
3. Turn on the handheld microphone and hang the lanyard from your neck. No other device in the studio will record sound.
3. Sign into the desktop:
When logging in you may encounter a screen issue. If the screen is off-center, press the escape button. Let the library know if there are any further issues.
Faculty/staff: user name is everything before @ in your email. Sign in like this: email@example.com
Students: user name is everything before the @ in your student email.
You will then go through the process of setting up the computer each time. You will simply click through each screen until the end. Options to move through the screens include:
4. Plug in the flash drive provided by the Library into the Recording Center. Your presentation will be recorded to the provided flash drive. You may also record to your personal flash drive if you have one with you.
5. Plug in all other flash drives (including the flash drive with your PowerPoint lecture, if necessary) into the device marked “USB Hub” at the computer station. The clicker USB should already be plugged into the monitor. You will need to turn on the clicker before starting.
6. Select which preset camera view best suits your style and needs. The preset selection is a small device located on the wall next to a poster explaining the presets. Please scroll through the presets SLOWLY and PATIENTLY, the equipment takes time to change views. Clicking multiple times can cause the equipment to malfunction. Patience is key here. View on confidence monitor which displays how your presentation is being recorded.
7. Once you have selected your preset, you are almost ready to start recording! The Recording Center will have several buttons on them:
-The red circle is the ”Record” button. Pressing this will start recording after roughly 2 seconds after it starts.
-The black square is the “Stop” button. Pressing this will stop your recording and automatically save it to the flash drive with the key attached. The flashdrive should be blinking while it is saving your recording to it. Please do not remove the flashdrive until it is done blinking to ensure your recording is saved. We recommend cleaning up before removing the flashdrive. You should check your recording on your laptop or computer. You can also check it on the iMac in the studio.
-The two vertical black line button is the “Pause” button. To resume recording, press the pause button again.
***This form must be completed in order to secure your booking.
Book your reservation here: https://libcal.highlands.edu/reserve/vrs
Have a question?
We can help!
Call, text, or email us at:
Text Us! 706-438-4168
Email Us! firstname.lastname@example.org
Cartersville Library 678-872-8400
Josie Baudier 706-204-2390
Email us at:
Josie Baudier at email@example.com.