Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Classroom Usage Policy
Library Instruction Classroom Use Policy
The Library electronic classrooms at the Georgia Highlands College Floyd and Cartersville Campuses are under the administrative direction of the Dean of Libraries. These classrooms are designed for librarians to teach library instruction and research classes. Faculty who want to schedule assignment-related classes should complete the Instruction Request Form or contact the Library at the appropriate campus location. For any other purpose, requests should be made to the Dean of Libraries or one of the Campus Librarians.
- College classes scheduled for assignment-related library instruction taught by a librarian or library assistant. This includes assignment-related Internet instruction.
- Library instruction or Internet instruction classes for faculty or staff taught by a librarian or library assistant.
- Library Staff Meetings
- Single-session internet instruction for classes where no other computer lab is available. Classes may be scheduled to meet in the library classroom during regular library hours only. These sessions will be scheduled depending upon availability of the classroom.
- Administrative computer training for faculty and staff where no appropriate computer lab is available. Times should be selected during times when there is less demand for library instruction classes. Training may occur during regular library hours only.
- An open computer lab for student use whenever the library is open and the classroom is not in use for another purpose.
- No food, drink, or tobacco products may be taken into the classrooms.
- Only persons enrolled in the scheduled sessions may use the room at the scheduled times.
- A library staff member, course instructor, or designated trainer must remain with the class.
- No one may alter, tamper, revise or otherwise change any software, hardware, furniture, or classroom equipment.
- Those (students, faculty and staff) using the classroom to access the Internet must agree to all GHC policies.
Library Assignment-Related Instruction Policy
Assignment-Related Library Instruction Policy
The purpose of the Library Instruction Services Program is to support the educational mission of the College by teaching students in all disciplines how to find, select, and evaluate information in such a way that it has relevance to their courses and adds meaning to their lives by encouraging and facilitating intellectual independence and lifelong learning.
If a class instructor incorporates an assignment that requires use of library resources into his/her course, scheduling a library class is encouraged. A library instructor will tailor a class to focus on the skills and strategies required to complete the specific assignment. If you would like assistance in designing a library-related assignment, please contact a librarian at the appropriate campus location.
Please note the following:
- Because the instruction session is a collaborative effort between the instructor and library faculty member, library policy requires the instructor to be present for the scheduled session.
- Classes should be scheduled at least 7 days prior to the desired date.
- The class assignment should be sent to the librarian at least 7 days prior to the library class.
- Students should bring copies of their library-related assignments with them to the library class.
- Faculty are strongly encouraged to interact with students and library instructors during the class.
GHC Library Instruction Calendars
GHC Library Instruction Calendars
To determine availability for library instruction, please use the tabs to view the calendar for your campus.
For more information about library instruction and policies, please review the policies on this page.