Fundamentals of Computer Applications (BUSA 2205)
What is this course all about?
To give you a basic level of computer application literacy primarily, Spreadsheets, and database Excel
- Gain an understanding of information competency, the Information Processing Cycle, Basic Components of the Personal Computer, and Technology used in the Workplace.
- Demonstrate the ability to Create and Edit Workbooks and Charts which utilize Functions and Formulas.
- Understand and applying the fundamental database concepts to spreadsheet development such as Importing, Creating Tables, Sorting and Filtering, and using Conditional Formatting.
- Use advanced spreadsheet concepts such as Working with Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks, applying Advanced Functions, Setting Validation, and Protecting Workbooks.
- Develop an understanding and exposure to new and emerging technologies
- Gain the ability to serve as an informed purchaser of technology (personal, commercial)
- Prepare a capstone project which applies concepts and principles of course to a unique series of problems.