Proctors will arrive 30 minutes prior to testing to set up the room and perform any tasks necessary to begin testing. Testing can begin when proctor and room are prepared, testers will be admitted as they arrive following proctor set up completion.
The following items are always prohibited in the testing room:
• Gum, candy, food, drinks
• Coats and other outwear (unless worn during testing)
• Purses, book bags, briefcases, and other personal items
• Cell phones
• Electronic book readers, even if allowed by an instructor
• Laptops, pagers, and other electronic devices
Testers will be required to leave personal items in a central location as indicated by the proctor. In testing locations where lockers are available (Cartersville and Floyd) all personal items must be able to fit into a locker. Please keep this in consideration and limit bringing purses, backpacks, jackets, ect.
PROCTOR/TESTER WAIT TIME
Proctors will wait fifteen (15) minutes from the listed start time of the test for a tester who may be running late. If the tester has not arrived after the 15 minute grace period, the proctor will notify Testing Services (706-295-6318), informing the office of the “no show” and then leave.
Testers are also required to wait 15 minutes inside the classroom or outside of the door of the classroom where the test is taking place before declaring a proctor a no show. At this point, the tester needs to call Testing Services (706-295-6318), informing the office of the “no show” and discussing next steps for rescheduling exam.
If a session is canceled, scheduled testers will be notified by email. Unfortunately, unexpected emergencies do happen. While testing strives for 24 hour notice, this may not always be possible. Testing follows campus closings. Testers are expected to check email for notification of cancellations.
Additional Information and Policies
- Appointments are required for all tests and charges for tests must be paid prior to testing.
- Fees are charged to every tester for every exam attempt, this includes placement testing for duel enrollment. Fees are non transferable and non refundable. Pay at business office on day of test.
- A receipt from the business office is necessary for testing. If a receipt can not be obtained from the business office for any reason, proctors will notify the business office and a hold will be placed on the student account until payment is made and/or verified.
- Government-issued photo ID with signature (driver's license, passport, state ID, military ID) that is current and valid is required for all tests.
- E-books, e-readers, personal laptops, or other electronic devices containing notes or textbooks are not permitted to be used during testing.
- The Testing Center adheres strictly to the requirements of testing companies and other sponsoring institutions.
- Cheating will be reported to the appropriate department, testing company or program.
- You must conduct yourself in a civil manner at all times when on the premises of the Testing Center. Exhibiting abusive behavior towards staff may result in your removal from the Center.
- The use of all forms of tobacco products on GHC property is expressly prohibited. "Tobacco Products" is defined as cigarettes, cigars, pipes, all forms of smokeless tobacco, clove cigarettes and any other smoking devices that use tobacco such as hookahs or simulate the use of tobacco such as electronic cigarettes.
- The Testing Center adheres to the Professional Standards and Guidelines for Post-Secondary Test Centers, as adopted by the National College Testing Association (NCTA), to the best of its ability.