This four-part module is designed to teach you valuable search skills. To complete the module, work through the four sections, taking the practice quizzes. Then complete the graded assignment.
- THINK first, SEARCH later.
- What kind of resource are you searching for? (Book? Video? Website? Academic article?)
- This tells you WHERE to search: Galileo, GIL (the book catalog), or in a web browser!
- Other important things you need to consider:
- Do you need something written by a specialist? Go for Peer Reviewed!
- Do you need something written during a specifc time? Check out the date range!
- What information are you searching for?
- This is where keywords come in. Make a list. Check it twice!
- There is NO SUCH THING as a single perfect source that you will be able to cite to support your thesis. Researching and writing is a process
- learning about your topic
- thinking critically about what you've learned
- supporting your thesis through a variety of sources