Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ENGL1101 Course Objectives
By the end of English Composition I, students will be able to
- Identify the rhetorical situation in texts from a range of genres
- Demonstrate writing as a recursive process
- Critique their own and others’ work
- Gather, evaluate, synthesize, and cite information from academic and non-academic sources
- Recognize the grammar, mechanics, punctuation, vocabulary, and formatting considerations appropriate to genre or assignment
ENGLISH 1101 COURSE MATERIALS
About This Guide
This guide is designed for English 1101 instructors.
It responds to the need for free / low-cost resources.
Take as much as you want.
Links to these materials may be embedded in D2L.
Questions / Suggestions?
Please contact us if you have questions or need assistance.
And a special thanks goes to Associate Professor Jesse Bishop, who created the original Writing Resources page!