DUE: Friday, July 23rd!
- Be 750-1200 words
- Use the CIA mode of paragraph
- Use 3 supporting secondary resources
Analytical sources may be used if they truly support the argument (in most cases, they won’t!). These supporting sources may be used as illustrations in the CIA mode.
As always, this essay should adhere to MLA standards for formatting and citations, including:
- 1” margins
- parenthetical in-text citations
- works cited
The grade will be determined using the course rubric on the website.
Tips on Argument
- Make sure your argument is logical. If not, fix it.
- Avoid rhetorical (or logical) fallacies.
- Consider your audience as you write, edit, and polish the essay. Are you trying to reach a specific audience? How so? (Or why not?)
- Have you kept your pathos in check? Have you let your feelings about something get the better of you?
Tips on Research
Office: 260 E