"Meeting of the Minds" Paper
Imagine a place where world history personalities would meet, share their life stories, and justify their actions for which they are remembered.
You are to create a scenario where these significant people would participate in a relevant conversation. Consequently, each person should:
Choose one of the following groups of individuals (see box to the right).
Prepare a written dialogue in which these people introduce themselves, discuss their lives, and justify their accomplishments.
- Your dialogue must be at least FIVE PAGES in length and include the conversation of the various group members.
- Each person must introduce themselves properly . . . giving their OFFICIAL TITLES, DUTIES, COUNTRIES OR REGIONS WHICH THEY ARE ASSOCIATED, ETC.
- Each person should discuss at least THREE MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Each person should be prepared to ARGUE, DEFEND, OR JUSTIFY their accomplishments
NOTE: During the conversation, each person may express regret for certain questionable actions. But these must be IN THE CHARACTER of the PERSON.
- Each "Meeting of the Minds" Report MUST BE TYPED and include a REFERENCE PAGE.
- EACH Report must have at least FIVE DIFFERENT SOURCES (YOUR TEXTBOOK CAN COUNT AS ONE OF THE SOURCES).
- "MEETING OF THE MINDS" Reports are due no later than MARCH 13, BUT you may submit them as early as FEBRUARY 27.
- NO LATE REPORTS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Floyd Campus, Office Hours: Mon.-Tues., 8-6 p.m. & Wed.-Thu., 11-9 p.m.