RESEARCH PAPER Composition II ENG 1102/CALLAN
DUE DATE: Wednesday March 19, 2014
LENGTH: 6 to 7 double-spaced pages, typed in 12 font, Times New Roman
PAPER CONSISTS OF:
1. First page typed in MLA format with the following information:
Student's name, instructor's name, name of class, and date (Harbrace Ess. 33c).
2. Outline: Typed, double-spaced, in 12 font.
3. Text of paper: Typed, double-spaced, numbered, completed in MLA style.
4. Citations: Typed according to MLA rules for internal documentation (Harbrace
Ess. Chapter 33)
5. Works Cited page on a separate typed page. Six to seven sources are required,
which can include only one reference (encyclopedia) source, and must include at
least one book and one computer source. After the sixth source a motion picture
may also be used.
NOTE: Dictionaries may not be counted as a source.
ADDITIONALLY, this research paper should be turned in with
1. Annotated Bibliography (See syllabus)
2. Rough draft (s) of paper and any xeroxed copies used
(Please submit all other required materials in a large brown envelope)
SCHEDULE OF DEADLINES:
Wednesday, January 22 Introduction to the Research Paper (lab)
Monday, February 3 Annotated Bibliography and tentative thesis
Monday, February 10 Introduction to outline (in class)
Wednesday, February 12 Tentative outline due
Wednesday, February 19 Typed first two pages, tentative Works Cited
Monday, February 24 Typed first four pages, Final outline (Conf.)
Wednesday, March 19 Final Paper with complete packet
REMINDERS: Consult your research handbook for MLA style. I will explain
MLA procedure step-by-step as we create this project. It is extremely important
that you work every day on this, so be at school! Please take advantage of the
services offered through our library and the tutorial department. You will soon
receive your schedule for your conferences with me during the first week of March.
Reminder (per syllabus):
This research paper will require a great deal of time and will therefore count for
30% of the semester grade. You may turn these papers in before, but not after, the due date.