Getting started with Kindle® Fire devices
You can use OverDrive’s mobile app to borrow and enjoy eBooks and audiobooks from your library on your Kindle Fire or Fire HD.
Note: Kindle Books are currently available for U.S. libraries only. However, users from any country can still follow the steps below to install OverDrive’s mobile app and access OverDrive Read, EPUB eBooks and MP3 audiobooks on a Kindle Fire or Fire HD.
Download our app, OverDrive Media Console (OMC), from
one of the following:
• Google Play
Open OMC and find your library’s OverDrive-powered website. In newer versions of the app, you can do this by swiping from left to right to open the Home menu, then tapping Add a library. In older versions of the app, tap the icon (or, if you
don’t have this icon, go to Menu > Get Books).
• Tap the star to save your library’s website to your library list.
• Tap your library’s name to start browsing.
Log into your library’s OverDrive-powered website with your GHC network username/password and borrow a book.
Find borrowed books under your account on your library website. You can:
• Download EPUB eBooks* and MP3 audiobooks directly to OMC.
• Select Kindle Book (U.S. only) to complete checkout on Amazon’s website and send the book to your Kindle.
• Tap Read to open and read OverDrive Read eBooks right in your browser. For the best reading experience,
turn off Accelerate page loading.
* Note: To read eBooks in OMC, follow the prompts to authorize your device with an Adobe ID. It’s a one-time, free process that takes just moments to complete.
For more information about OverDrive’s mobile app for Kindle Fire, visit: http://omc.overdrive.com/kindle