Skip to main content

GHC Library Archives: History of the Marietta Campus

The purpose of the archival department is to collect, preserve, and make accessible those materials related to the history of the college.

History of the Marietta Campus

The Marietta Campus of Georgia Highlands College opened in the Fall Semester of 2006, in state-of-the-art facilities on the campus of Southern Polytechnic University, located just off Cobb Parkway, in Marietta, Georgia.  Serving over 1,000 students, GHC-Marietta provides accessible educational opportunities to many of the students in Cobb County (Georgia's second fastest growing county).  GHC-Marietta was the first campus in the GHC family to offer residential living on campus.  Kirk Nooks was GHC-Marietta's first site director, and he was succeeded by Mr. Ken Reaves in March of 2013.

Floyd Library - 706.295.6318 | Heritage Hall - 706.295.6321 | Cartersville Library - 678.872.8400 | Marietta - 678.915.5010 | Paulding Library - 678.946.1007 | Douglasville Library - 678.872.4237
©2015 Georgia Highlands College |