Instructor: Brent Schnee
ESSAY ASSIGNMENT 5 (100 pts.)
The fifth essay is a position essay: it must take a stance on a topic (explain its author's position for or against something, such as a policy, value, definition, etc.). In essence, your opinion will be stated as fact. You must then support your opinion with outside evidence (i.e. research).
· Name, CRN#, Assignment, due date, and instructor name in the upper right-hand corner
· 12 pt font, Times New Roman, double spaced (fonts other than Times New Roman will now count against you)
· Title (the lack of a title will now count against you)
· 500 words minimum
· Essays must be submitted in hard copy (printed) at the beginning of class.
· You are required to have at least two (2) sources for your works cited page.
· Due date is Tuesday, November 8th.
The goal of this essay is to argue or persuade a point of view on a topic of your choosing. The topic does not have to be controversial or even well-known, but thorough, intelligent discussion is expected.
Have a rough draft prepared and printed out for peer review on Tuesday, November 1st.
*NOTE: Grading will be stricter on this essay and all following essays. A “U” for any criteria on the rubric will result in a 0 (zero) for the respective category: Structure, Style, Development, or Mechanics. Time to step up the proofreading!
If you have any questions, either about the paper or in general, please feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com and I will get back to you as soon as I am able.